Application Deadline: February 16, 2018
Del Ray Artisans (DRA) is excited to announce a vacancy for our 2018 Summer Art Camp Administrator. We are seeking a visionary organizer to plan and manage two, week-long Summer Art Camps this July, geared to students ranging from 3rd to 9th grade.
July 16-21 and July 23-28, 9am–3pm daily
Gallery shows July 21 and 28 (open to the public from 1-3pm)
Compensation: $2,800 base
The Camp Administrator role assumes leadership and supervision of the camp, including instructor and volunteer selection, and management of day-to-day operations. The Administrator provides short status reports to the DRA Board of Directors monthly, and is responsible for adhering to all of DRA’s policies and overall mission. The Administrator interacts with parents and community members, and is truly the face of Art Camp in the Alexandria community.
- Development of a curriculum, in cooperation with the instructor, that is mission-related and includes activities that participants can repeat at home
- Hire staff consisting of instructor(s) and volunteers
- Coordinate all supply donations and/or purchases
- Help build enrollment at camp through various marketing activities in partnership with DRA’s Communications team
- Administer Art Camp scholarships (working with Youth Programs Director and President)
- Run daily operations of camp; creating a high-energy, fun, and creative experience for campers and staff
- Communicate with parents
- Ensure gallery is well maintained and left in excellent condition
- Maintain organized records and adhere to budget
- Experience with elementary or middle school youth
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Staff selection and management experience a plus
- Flexible, trustworthy, creative, and positive; a leader who works well in teams, is performance-oriented, inspiring, energetic, organized, detail-oriented, communicative, fun-loving, and a good problem-solver
- Ability to commit to planning meetings in the months leading up to the two weeks of camp; set-up and attend the students’ gallery show on Saturday after each week-long camp, and for a few days after camp for the organization of supplies and cleanup of gallery
- Youth day-camp experience is a plus
If you or someone you know would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send a resume and a letter of interest to Youth@DelRayArtisans.org no later than COB on February 16, 2018.
Del Ray Artisans is located in the Colasanto Center, 2704 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia 22301. The building is handicap accessible. For more information on Del Ray Artisans, please visit www.DelRayArtisans.org.
Del Ray Artisans, founded in 1992, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote art for the benefit of artists and the community.
Del Ray Artisans (DRA) appreciates the continued support from the City of Alexandria, Alexandria Commission for the Arts, Virginia Commission for the Arts, and National Endowment for the Arts. DRA is a 501(c)(3) organization.